1. Reading Blood of Tyrants. OH MY GOD I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BOOK. Especially people calling each other by their first names, OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM THE MOST. I have sixty pages to go DON'T SPOIL THE ENDING IN THE COMMENTS. YET.
2. Snyder's Butter Snap pretzels WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN EATING THESE ALL MY LIFE.
3. Singing along with If I Had a Rocket Launcher. Whatever's going wrong in your life, singing the line If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die cannot help but be a satisfying answer, right?
4. Helping a kid who couldn't tell me his address, just the street he lived on and a nearby store, figure out the nearest library where he could get some Geronimo Stilton.
5. Realizing that, hell yes, the time has come: my niece is old enough for me to give her Baby Island and Misty of Chincoteague for her birthday!
Oh, and a generally good and useful thing that I just realized maybe everyone doesn't already know about: http://pinboard.in/popular/fandom is a great source for finding new fic in popular-ish fandoms--it's where I find pretty much all the Welcome to Night Vale fic I read, and obviously there's also a strong Teen Wolf presence, but anything that gets bookmarked by a handful of pinboard users in fandom will pop up there, so there's an array of fandoms represented. It updates once a day, which makes it a pleasant relief from the pace of tumblr and twitter. (Except that tag cloud to the right which seems to have no relation to the bookmarks on the page. I don't know when that thing updates.)
This entry was originally posted at http://dira.dreamwidth.org/670167.html. There are currently comments there.